2011 Definitive Fantasy Football Positional Rankings – Kickers
|1. Josh Brown, Neil Rackers, Matt Bryant, Stephen Gostowski, Sebastian Janikowski, Mason Crosby, Nate Kaeding, Garret Hartley, Adam Vinatieri, Billy Cundiff, Alex Henery, David Akers, Rob Bironas, Dan Carpenter|
Thoughts on the 2011 Fantasy Football kickers class, or any year’s kickers class
- Draft a kicker in the last round, or don’t draft one at all. It doesn’t matter who it is. My kickers are actually ranked in order, but the difference between 1 and 12 or 15 is so marginal that it doesn’t matter who you take. It’s not that kickers aren’t important, it’s that the field is so flat that it doesn’t matter.
- Aim for kickers on high-scoring teams. Or low scoring teams. There isn’t a proven strategy that works because the kickers just aren’t that different.
- Want to draft someone that isn’t on my list? Do it, They’re just as good as anyone on my list.
- If you’re like me and like to have at least one player from your favorite real NFL team on your fantasy team, take the kicker.
- Keep in mind that you’re going to drop your kicker when his bye week hits, so be on the lookout for a new waiver kicker who has already had his bye week.
Check out my other rankings