2011 Definitive Fantasy Football Positional Rankings – Team Defenses
|1. Green Bay
9. New York Giants
Thoughts on the 2011 Fantasy Football team defense class
- A quick look at my rankings shows you how little I care to differentiate between the teams. This position is nearly impossible to predict before the season starts and I’m not going to pretend that I can do it. There are 4 tiers. I listed three and then all the other team make up the fourth.
- If you want one of the top-tier teams, you’re going to have to sacrifice a bench RB/WR and I don’t think that’s worth it. I don’t make the calls for your team, so reach if you want, but come on.
- Once you draft every other spot on your squad (except kicker), you’ll still be able to find a good defense.
- Make sure to look at the scoring rules for your league. Traditional scoring makes this position nearly irrelevant, but some leagues tweak the leagues to make the marginal difference more.
- If you really want to analyze which team you should draft, pick a defense that plays against a bunch of bad offenses. For example, the Chargers play 6 games against the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos. The Rams are the only real offense in a division with the Seahawks, 49ers and Cardinals.