2011 Definitive Fantasy Football Positional Rankings – Tight Ends
|1. Antonio Gates
2. Jason Witten
3. Vernon Davis4. Dallas Clark
5. Jermichael Finley
6. Kellen Winslow
7. Brandon Pettigrew
12. Rob Gronkowski
15. Chris Cooley
Thoughts on the 2011 Fantasy Football tight end class
- You should draft Antonio Gates like he’s a mid-2 receiver. All other tight ends should be treated like WR3 or worse.
- The top 3 tight ends are worth taking early. After that, there should be a gap of a couple rounds before they start going off the board, because the difference between 4 and 10 isn’t big at all.If you don’t get a top 3 tight end, stop worrying about it for a few rounds.
- I don’t see any reason to draft a second tight end this year. Or any year.
- Young quarterbacks love tight ends. Especially in the red zone. A player like Kellen Winslow or Marcedes Lewis could have huge upside this year.