2011 NBA Draft Contest (Now With Real Prizes)
The good news about the NBA Draft is that you can enjoy it no matter what. You can cheer for your favorite NBA teams, you can cheer for your favorite collegiate or international players, you can cheer for trades to happen that will benefit your teams in direct or roundabout ways. You could even cheer against the Heat if you wanted. But none of that directly benefits you. The only person you can’t cheer for in the NBA Draft is yourself. Well that’s about to change
Just like I did for the NFL Draft, I’m going to have an NBA Draft contest, except this time, there is an actual prize that isn’t just a guest post. That’s right, I’m actually going to be giving away some real SpreeGoogs-themed pieces of memorabilia for this one. Nothing too serious, but certainly something more than a guest post and also something mysterious enough to make you play just to find out what it is. Todd MacCulloch will be involved in one piece of this package, but there are a total of three pieces, and they could be anything. If there’s something you really want to see written in SpreeGoogs, you can even have a guest post too.
Here are the rules:
- Entries must be made before the Draft begins on Thursday at 7 pm EST.
- All entries must be left in the comment section of this post .
- Entries will include six predicted selections, one for each of the following groups of picks: 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30.
- Each predicted selection should include the name of the player predicted to be selected and the number of the pick at which you predict that player to be taken. You can include team names if you want, but trades may happen that will upset which team picks where, so only the number will be valid.
- The winner of the contest will be the person who correctly predicts the most of their six picks. If there is a tie, I will add up the numbers of the correct picks and the entry with the highest total will win the tiebreaker.
- Limit one entry per person.
- If you plan on winning, leave an email address for me to contact you after the Draft so I can get your mailing address.
I hope that’s clear. If it’s not, here a sample (based off the nbadraft.net mock draft) entry to make things easier:
1. Kyrie Irving
8. Kemba Walker
11. Marcus Morris
19. Jordan Hamilton
22. Kenneth Faried
28. Shelvin Mack
Have fun playing in this contest. The prize could be anything. I’m working on a budget, but it could be anything. Get after it.